Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Fighting it today...

You know the urge to crawl into a deep dark hole and never come out. Today is one of those days when I feel my self slipping into that deep dark place, where anger and sadness takeover. It's hard to keep myself from giving in to it. The pain can be too much and it just seems easier to stop fighting it. In the past year, I've discovered strength I didn't even know I had. The strength to get out of bed every day and get through the daily routine. There is one reason for this, and its my kids. If it weren't for them, I think I would not have made it. But then there are these days that creep up and hit you like a ton of bricks, and it feel its impossible to free myself from it. I use the term fight, because that is exactly what it feels like, except I don't get to actually punch anyone, although that would be cool...just kidding.

I have been thinking a lot about "home" lately and what that means to me. As I prepare to put the house up for sale its been hard to think that we will be leaving this home. But, I have come realize that instead of the phrase, "home is where the heart is" I'm sating that "home is where my kids are" and as long as I am with them, it doesn't matter where we are. They are my life, and the only thing that gets me through the day, especially on a day like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment