Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

The Single Life

I've never heard anyone talk about the benefits of being single. We usually hear how badly we want to be in a relationship, and how we envy everyone else....well let me tell ya, there are many benefits to living the single life, and here are my top 5:

1. Clean bathroom always, no hair, no toothpaste stuck to the sink, and the best part is there is not pee splashed all over the toilet!!
2. You get the bed all to yourself!
3. Once the kids are in bed, the TV is all yours.
4. If you want to eat ice cream and sit in your underwear, there is no judgement.
5. You can do anything you want whenever you want, and your schedule is your only concern.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I have made many discoveries living this life I am now, and they are not all bad! I think a lot of times women don;t realize how strong they are until the are emotionally separated from a man. You get so used to relying on this other person, that you think you cannot live without them. I thought this at one time, and remember telling people, I could never make it as a single parent. Well, obviously that is not the truth, not even close! I have found strength I didn't even know I possessed. I think this is probably the case for most single Mom's. I'm not saying that it is easy, its definitely NOT easy, but it can be done, and that is what's important!

I don't know what my future holds, but whatever it is I know that I will be happy, because I won;t settle for anything less ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment