Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Old Habits Die Hard...

The old saying "old habits die hard" cannot be more true for me. I catch myself doing things out of habit that no longer make sense. For example, the other day I was cooking dinner and went to set the table and got out 4 forks to put on the table. It took me a minute to realize what I did? It kind of made me sad, because as much as I feel ok with everything and seem to be focusing on the future, I cannot seem to get used to the day to day things that are routine and habit. I also realized the other day that I still use the "we" reference quite often. I'm not sure why? Habit I guess? I hate that I do that, but it must be one of those things that changes with time.

I need to remember that its ok to slip up now and then. Being part of a couple for 12 years and a family of 4 for 5 of those years will do that to you, it becomes second nature. I hope that with time I will get used to saying "I" and getting only 3 forks out of the drawer. Until then I will try not to focus too much on these old habits and try and get used to the new way of life as a family of 3. The best family of 3 I can think of =)

No comments:

Post a Comment