Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Too Hot?

Here is a little coversation between Aubree and me last night as she was showing ne her new Barbie she got from from the Easter bunny:

Aubree: Do you think she is too hot?
Me: Umm...what does that mean?
Aubree: You know too fancy and stuff
Me: I guess she is a little too fancy
Aubree: yeah I think she is too

She amazes me with the stuff she comes out with? It made me little nervous that she knew how to use the word hot in that context and got me thinking about where she may have heard it. As I thought about it, I realized that its used EVERYWHERE nowadays, I'm sure its even used in some of the Disney shows she watches. There is really not much I can do about it, but let her think that it means being too fancy.

Kids today are so much more exposed to things at an earlier age, and once they start riding a bus and going to school, you really lose control over who they talk to and what they are doing 24/7. It's scary. I've always said that I would be completely honest with my kids about everything, regardless of how awkward it may be. I like to think that by giving them knowledge and the truth, that it will prevent them being too curious and getting the wrong idea from kids at school. I hope I'm right!

No comments:

Post a Comment