Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

My Go To Summer Pasta Salad Recipe

I have been making this pasta salad recipe for years and everyone loves it, even Alex, so that is saying somehting!

I try and keep it light and fresh as well as yummy!

Kelly's Pasta Salad

1 pound tri-color rotini
1 roasted red pepper, or fresh chopped - whatever you like
1 head fresh broccoli chopped
1 can black olives drained
1 jar green olives drained
1 bottle light ceaser dressing
1 small package part skim mozzarella cubed


Boil the pasta, in the last minute of cooking throw the broccoli in and let it get a little soft. The drain both and run cold water over it to cool and stop the cooking process. Set aside.

In a large bowl, add the peppers, cheese, black and green olives, the finally throw in the pasta and broccoli.

Pour in a bit of the dressing and toss, add more dressing to your taste. Once its all combined refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, and enjoy!

A couple of notes:
This recipe is so versatile! In the past I have thrown in pepperoni, cheddar, or jack cheese. I've also made this with a homeade dressing of balsamic, olive oil, salt, and pepper!

I will usually whip a batch of this on Sunday, when I know its going to be a crazy week and we will be scrambling for dinner in between school and activities. I also pack it for lunch! It's great, go make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment