Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

My One True Love....

If you know me then you know my favorite thing to eat in the world and my one true love is Pizza! I literally could eat it every day, no joke. I am also a creature of habit and when it comes to the pizza I like, it's usually red sauce, cheese, and may be some peppers and mushrooms, but nothing too fancy. Well with the whole healthier eating kick, I have been thinking of ways to lighten it up a bit and I tried a new recipe last weekend and it was super delish, especially with a nice cold Blue Moon on the side.

Here's the recipe, you must give this a go!

Whole Wheat Asparagus and Goat Cheese Pizza

1 Whole Wheat Boboli (because I was lazy and didn't want to make my own)
2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella
4 oz Herbed Goat Cheese
1 Bunch of aparagus washed, snapped, and cut into 1 inch chuncks
Crished Red Pepper (oh yeah, soooo good a spicy)
Basil
Kosher Salt

Steam the asparagus (I put mine in the microwave for about 1.30 with a little water) then set aside.

Spread oil over the crust, then sprinkle with a little salt and basil. Next add a thin layer of mozzarella, then add the aspargus. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, then break the goat cheese up and sprinkle it all over. Finally top with more mozzarella and bake it at 450 for about 8-10 minutes. I bake it right on the oven rack so it gets crispy!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment