Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Tossing the Dress

So, yesterday I cleaned out what was left from the pre-move garage sale, including my wedding dress. A few months ago, when I was still feeling raw from the separation, I would look at it and cry. I would be engulfed in the emotions of that day, and the way the dress made me feel. I felt beautiful, happy, and completely and totally in love, and hopeful for what the future would bring us. Now, not so much. I have come a long way in the past few months, and the emotions that were tied to the dress are not so strong. I'm dealing with the loss of everything that I wished for on that day. When I carried the dress up from the basement yesterday to bring to the donation center, I didn't cry, I didn't even feel sad. Honestly I was surprised at the progress I have made. It's a small step, to not completely break down when you see or think about things that once help so much meaning to you. It just proves that I am "getting through" and moving on to bigger better things in my life. And. hopefully better company.

The house goes on the market any day, so I guess its on to the next big challenge!

I am woman, and I am strong!
haha, I guess that's my motto today...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment