Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Words to live by

So I've added this quote to my blog, because it moves me:

"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering."

--Ida Scott Taylor

This is going to be my mantra from now on. I am going to try and let go of the grief and pain I feel from the past year and half, and live in the present. Every day I will try hard to live like its my last, and love my kids with with every ounce of me, and make sure they know it!

These words really make me think about life and how I want to live mine. Free from pain, hurt and anger, and all the negative thoughts that come along. I know I have it in me to be a better person, and not let these feelings take control. I will not, I will not let them.

This past weekend as I was driving home from spending an awesome weekend with my sister, I started remembering where I was last year at this time, how awful I felt all the time, how sad i felt 24 hrs a day, and then it hit me like a flash of lightning! This summer is already so much better than last summer. It's like I could suddenly see the light at the end of tunnel, and all the progress I've made. I know I'm not there yet, and may be I will never be, and that's ok, but the thought that I was in a much better place than I was last year at this time is something to celebrate! I have had so much more fun these last few months, and have felt so much better physically and emotionally than I did last year, that I know I'm headed in the right direction. Baby steps, it just takes baby steps, and celebrate the accomplishments you make with each step.

I am starting to feel better, I'm starting to get some of my confidence and self esteem back and I know its because I have the best family anyone could ask for holding me up, making sure I don't fall, and loving me unconditionally. Without these people, I would not have made it this far. Here's to hoping next year is even better than this one!!!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment