Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lemony Yumminess!

Ok... so I actually did some cooking this week! Yey!

Here is an AWESOME recipe that I used from the Pioneer Woman. It is super simple and so good.

Warning: If you do not like lemon then skip it, because its full of fresh lemon and garlic flavor!

Baked Lemon Pasta
1 pound pasta (I used campanelle)
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
1 whole lemon, juiced and zested
2 cups sour cream
kosher salt
parmesan cheese
parsley

  • Cook pasta in salted water and drain.
  • In a skillet, melt the butter and olive oil together on LOW heat.
  • Add lemon juice and garlic, then turn off the heat.
  • Add in the sour cream and lemon peel and mix to combine and smooth out the cream
  • Taste and add salt and pepper if desired
  • Add the sauce to the pasta and mix.
  • Transfer to a greased baking dish and cover with foil
  • Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 350, then remove foil and bake 10 minutes more.
  • Remove and sprinkle with cheese, parsley, and more lemon juice.

Notes - I did not have parsley so left it out, also I think this pasta would be great with peas added in. I made this as a side to go with baked lemon Tilapia and it was great. Next time I would like to try and use reduced fat sour cream to see how it tastes

2 comments:

  1. You need to start blogging with pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am always in such a rush to get dinner on the table I never think to get my camera out! I will try to be better about it =)

    ReplyDelete