Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

My Morning Smoothie

Hiya and happy Monday...ugh I hate that expression! How about, Happy let's not get out of bed day!

Any way, I've been wanting to post my tried and true green smoothie recipe that I've been making for about a year now. It may sound gross, but trust me, its not. It is FABULOUS! The kids like to call it the incredible hulk because well, its green and I tell them that it will make them strong just like the hulk. Of course Alex won't try it, but Aubree LOVES it! I just bought some flax seed that I need to grind up, so I can add it too.

Here it is:

The Incredible Hulk

1 banana (I keep some unpeeled and frozen, but fresh works too)
1 cup of frozen tropical fruit (I like Dole mango, pineapple, strawberry, peaches mix)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup Stoneyfield plain fat free yogurt
1/2 cup Stoneyfield vanilla fat free yogurt
2 hand fulls of organic fresh baby spinach
1 squirt of honey (optional, but I like it sweet =)

Add to the blender in this order, banana, water, frozen fruit, spinach, yogurt, honey

Blend till completely smooth (my blender has the frappe setting, so I like to do that at the end so its thick!)

Additional Notes:

When you use a frozen banana, you may need to add more water, but if you use fresh, then you may need less. Also, if you choose to use all plain yogurt then you may need more honey or agave syrup. If you use all vanilla, then you will not need honey at all. You can tailor the smoothie to be as sweet as you like it!

I am going to throw in the ground flax tomorrow =)

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment