Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Things have been crazy!

I can't believe its been so long since I've posted anything! Life has been busy, and when I say busy I mean INSANE! I just can't keep up with it sometimes. The kids have had lots of extra school projects and things on top of the daily homework, so my weekdays have been flying by! The sad thing is that I have not had much time to clean, do laundry, or cook. The cleaning and laundry I can do without, but the cooking I have missed. I have been trying to re-focus lately. In my mind body and soul. I have been trying to make some small changes in order to nurture those things. Here are some things I have been trying to do to help me reach a better place:

1. Spend more quality time with the kids
2. Make that time fun and enjoyable
3. Stop focusing on my house being dirty, I cannot help this, and to be honest I'd rather do #1 then clean!
4. Eat better, and I do not mean diet! I mean eat more wholesome natural foods, and cook things myself from scratch when I have the time.
5. Relax! I always need to try and do this more.

So, this past weekend I tried to make some of these things happen. On Friday, I surprised Alex with a sleepover! He has been asking to have a sleepover for months, and with everything that's been going on in out lives, it has just fallen on deaf ears, and I felt bad about that. I realized that its important for him to have play dates and sleepovers with friends. Its the fun part of being a kid! Let me tell you it was hilarious! Now, I did not grow up with around too many boys, so it was interesting to watch them interact. They played rescue heroes, X-men, and star wars. There was also a lot of burping and farting..haha. I may never get used to that!

On Saturday, I took the kids to the Zoo and did the Critter Challenge. It was so much fun and the kids and I really had a great time exploring all the animal artifacts and learning interesting things about snakes and sea lions. For the first time ever, the kids actually wanted me to read the fact boards at each exhibit because they were curious about the animals, now this is new to me, and may be this is reflection of them growing up? In the past they just ran around looking and pointing, but would not stay still long enough to actually chat about anything. I think this is awesome!

All in all it was a great weekend, with no cleaning at all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment