Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Hair?

Last night while Alex was chatting me up about school and what not, he stops and says "Mom, I think I have my first hair on my chin right here" I look over and he is inspecting his chin with his fingers...hahaha. Then he says "You know that means I have to start shaving right?" OMG! I cannot even begin to think about that...yikes, he is growing up so fast!

It really got me thinking, that these days when I look at him, I cannot believe how much he has matured. He shows his maturity in different ways, like the hair he thinks he feels on his chin and wanting to start his own rock band. I sometimes wonder what he will be like in about 5 years, when he will have to start shaving his face and the possibility of him forming a band are so much more real. It started to make me a little sad to think about him like that.

You know they say there is this "thing" between mothers and sons and I have to say that I get that now. I feel like we have a special bond, and there are moments every now and then that I feel it even more. Sometimes, when he comes home from school, or somewhere else, he will come right in and give me a real tight squeeze hug, and I know he genuinely missed me. Now for those of you who know Alex, you know that he is not the most affectionate kid, and most of the time when he goes in for a hug, he will actually turn the other way and do this kind of "back in for a hug" thing. So, when he throws himself at me with arms open, I know its a special moment between him and I. I pray our bond never weakens and that we can always have these special moments with one another.

-Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment