Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

A Sweet Little Weekend

So, this past weekend was the first weekend I have been alone in the house without the kids. I was not sure how I would feel about it, but I have to say it was pretty sweet! After they left Saturday morning, Mom and I went shopping and were in no rush, which is so nice! I forgot what it is like to shop when you don't have a timeline. After I ate lunch with my parents, I went home and watched a movie in the afternoon...WHOA! I never get to watch an adult movie in the afternoon! It was lovely. I spent Saturday night drinking, eating and laughing with a couple girlfriends...SO MUCH FUN! I really need to do that more.

Sunday was a great day too, after a quick trip to the grocery store, I cooked! I made homeade chicken noodle soup, and was able to freeze a ton of it for lunches and quick dinners. The soup is almost 100% all natural too. I also made banana chocolate chip cookies, which should be renamed to: little banana cakes with chocolate, they are so YUMMM!

Overall, it was nice to relax and think about things without interruptions. I miss the kids terribly when I am not with them, but oh how it is nice to recharge again.

-peace out!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that your weekend was so nice!! You deserve it....but Im glad that you are back "online"...I missed talking to you and reading blogs :)

    ReplyDelete